home

West Obayed

In 2011, Vegas acquired a 70% interest in this license from Hellenic Petroleum S.A. under a farm in agreement. The remaining 30 per cent. participating interest was held by Hellenic. The assignment from Hellenic to Vegas WO was completed in October 2011.

Vegas WO also became operator of the concession under the farm inĀ  agreement. The area of the concession was originally 1,841 km2, located close to producing fields and crossed by both oil and gas export routes.

Vegas WO drilled three wells in the concession with no commercial discoveries made.

Vegas and Hellenic relinquished the concession in December 2014.